Details for Benchmark: LN0261
N 40° 05.250 W 109° 13.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In UINTAH county, UT View Original Datasheet
- U 26
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933
5.5 MI NW FROM BONANZA. ABOUT 5.5 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE WATSON-JENSEN ROAD FROM BONANZA, UINTAH COUNTY, ABOUT 175 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A ROW OF POLES, ABOUT 75 FEET WEST OF A BRIDGE, 30 FEET SOUTH OF THE ROAD, ON THE NORTH BANK OF A WASH, IN THE TOP OF A SANDSTONE LEDGE, AND MARKED BY A CEMENTED ROCK CAIRN AND THE PAINTED LETTERS B.M. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 5189.114 U 26 1933.
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
THE BRIDGE IS NOW GONE AND A NEW ROAD IS BEING BUILT NEARBY BUT THE BENCH MARK SHOULD NOT BE DISTURBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.