Details for Benchmark: LN0262
N 40° 06.683 W 109° 14.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In UINTAH county, UT View Original Datasheet
- V 26
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933
7.6 MI NW FROM BONANZA. ABOUT 7.6 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE WATSON-JENSEN ROAD FROM BONANZA, UINTAH COUNTY, IN A WIDE FLAT VALLEY BORDERED ON THE SOUTHEAST BY THE DEVILS PLAYGROUND, ABOUT 1.9 MILES EAST OF AN ABANDONED STAGE STATION, ABOUT 0.6 MILE NORTHEAST OF A ROW OF POLES, ABOUT 600 FEET WEST OF A BRIDGE OVER A WASH, AND ABOUT 60 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 5119.245 V 26 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
A NEW ROAD IS BEING CONSTRUCTED NEARBY. A WITNESS POST WAS ADDED AT THIS TIME.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.