Details for Benchmark: LN0265
N 40° 09.767 W 109° 18.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In UINTAH county, UT View Original Datasheet
- Y 26
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933
13.4 MI NW FROM BONANZA. ABOUT 13.4 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE WATSON-JENSEN ROAD FROM BONANZA, UINTAH COUNTY, ABOUT 3.9 MILES WEST OF AN ABANDONED STAGE STATION, ABOUT 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST OF A GULCH CROSSING, ABOUT 150 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A ROW OF POLES, ABOUT 60 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, AND IN A WHITE SANDSTONE OUTCROP WHICH STRIKES EAST AND WEST AND DIPS NORTH. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 5412.443 Y 26 1933.
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
A WITNESS POST WAS SET NEAR THE MARK AT THIS TIME AND NEW MEASUREMENTS ARE GIVEN. THE BENCH MARK IS 37.2 M (122 FEET) SOUTHEAST FROM THE CENTER OF THE NEW ROAD BEING BUILT AND 1.7 M (5.5 FEET) WEST FROM A JUNIPER TREE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.