Details for Benchmark: LN0269
N 40° 13.950 W 109° 23.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In UINTAH county, UT View Original Datasheet
- C 27
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1964 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1964
12.0 MI S FROM JENSEN. ABOUT 12.0 MILES SOUTH OF JENSEN, 11.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 264 FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 40 AND STATE HIGHWAY 264 EAST OF JENSEN, TO Y-ROAD, THENCE LEFT 0.8 MILES, 52 FEET WEST OF CENTERLINE OF ROAD AND 91 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A FENCE CORNER.
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
A WITNESS POST WAS SET NEAR THE MARK AT THIS TIME AND NEW MEASUREMENTS ARE GIVEN. THE BENCH MARK IS 28.0 M (92 FEET) SOUTHEAST FROM A FENCE CORNER, 16.2 M (53 FEET) WEST FROM THE CENTER LINE OF A DIRT ROAD, AND 1.0 M (3.5 FEET) NORTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST WITH SIGN.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.