Details for Benchmark: LN0419
N 40° 59.867 W 109° 40.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DAGGETT county, UT View Original Datasheet
- E 385
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1984 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
4.2 KM (2.6 MI) EAST FROM MANILA. 4.2 KM (2.6 MI) EASTERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 43 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 44 IN MANILA, AT THE UTAH-WYOMING STATE LINE, 17.8 M (58.4 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 6.8 M (22.3 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF A DIRT ROAD LEADING EAST, 6.8 M (22.3 FT) EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A GATE AND FIELD ENTRANCE, AND 3.9 M (12.8 FT) EAST OF A FENCE CORNER. NOTE=ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS N FROM A WITNESS POST AND FENCE THE MARK IS 0.6 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.