Details for Benchmark: LO0467
N 40° 14.033 W 111° 40.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In UTAH county, UT View Original Datasheet
- S 17
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1927 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
1.2 MI NW FROM PROVO. ABOUT 1-1/4 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT PROVO, UTAH COUNTY, NORTH OF THE HIGHWAY LEADING WEST FROM PROVO, BETWEEN THE TRACKS OF THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD AND THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD, 55 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE D. AND R.G.W.R.R. TRACK, AND 10 FEET EAST OF A GATE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 4530.083 S 17 1927 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.