Details for Benchmark: LO0585
N 40° 45.500 W 111° 53.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SALT LAKE county, UT View Original Datasheet
- 4251 SLAK
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1927 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1927
IN SALT LAKE CITY. MERIDIAN MARK AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF OF THE GROUNDS OF THE CITY AND COUNTY BUILDINGS, CORNER OF STATE AND FIFTH STREETS SOUTH.
|01/01/1950 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1950
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.