Details for Benchmark: LO0712
N 40° 41.534 W 111° 11.868 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUMMIT county, UT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1897 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1897
LOCATED ABOUT 6 MI. NE. OF KAMAS AND 5 1/2 MI. SE. OF OAKLEY, ON THE HIGHEST EASTERN END OF A W. SLOPING RIDGE KNOWN AS HOYT PEAK. TO REACH FROM OAKLEY POST OFFICE, DRIVE S. AND SE.ON U.S. HIGHWAY 189 FOR 1.9 MI. TO A T-RD. BY A CO-OP STORE AND CHURCH, TURN LEFT E. AND SE. FOR 1.0 MI. CROSSING CANAL TO A ROCKY Y-RD., TURN LEFT E. 0.3 MI. TO GATE AND CONTINUE ON ROUGH, SLIGHTLY USED BULLDOZED RD. 1.3 MI. TO Y-RD. TURN RIGHT W. 1.1 MI. TO A Y-RD. TURN LEFT E. 0.5 MI. TO Y-RD. A FEW TENTHS FROM THIS POINT IN A CLEARING THE STATION PEAK CAN BE SEEN TO THE N., GO 1.1 MI. TO DIM Y-RD., TURN LEFT NE. 0.6 MI. TO GATE THEN 1.5 MI.FURTHER TO DITCH XING,CROSS DITCH AND FOLLOW DIM TRAIL 0.4 MI.TO END OF TRUCK TRAVEL. FOR 2 WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE FROM A 4-WHEEL DRIVE CONTINUE ON TO RIDGE TOP THROUGH A FENCE FOLLOWING RIDGE W.0.7 MI. TO FENCE CORNER AT THE FOOT OF STATION MOUNTAIN. PACK W.UP RIDGE.
STATION MARK - A COPPER BOLT SET IN A SANDSTONE ROCK STAMPED ---USGS--
REFERENCE MARKS - NONE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.