Details for Benchmark: LO0845
N 40° 39.513 W 111° 42.122 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SALT LAKE county, UT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in rock outcrop
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973 (JRS)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE SUMMIT OF A PEAK LOCALLY KNOWN AS MT. RAYMOND ABOUT 5.5 MILES EAST OF WASATCH BOULEVARD IN SALT LAKE CITY, ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF MILL CREEK CANYON AND ON THE NORTH SIDE OF BIG COTTONWOOD CREEK CANYON. THE PROPERTY IS OWNED BY THE UNITED STATES FOREST SERVICE, 3070 EAST 33RD SOUTH, SALT LAKE CITY, PHONE NUMBER 524-5042.
THE STATION WAS REACHED BY HELICOPTER. THE CLOSEST PLACE TO LAND IS ON A SMALL SADDLE ON THE NORTHWEST ARM OF A HOGBACK RIDGE. ABOUT A TWENTY MINUTE PACK.
THE STATION MARK IS A STANDARD DISK STAMPED SMELTZER 1973, CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN OUTCROPING BEDROCK. IT IS 4 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE HIGHEST POINT OF THE RIDGE AND ABOUT 3 FEET LOWER THAN THE HIGHEST POINT.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS A STANDARD DISK STAMPED SMELTZER NO 1 1973, CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN OUTCROPING BEDROCK. IT IS ON THE HOGBACK LEADING TO THE SOUTH AND ABOUT 3 FEET LOWER THAN THE STATION.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS A STANDARD DISK STAMPED SMELTZER NO 2 1973, CEMENTED IN A DRILL HOLE IN A LARGE BOULDER. IT IS ON THE WEST SLOPE OF THE RIDGE AND ABOUT 5 FEET LOWER THAN THE STATION.
NO SUITABLE PLACE TO SET A REFERENCE MARK 3.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.