Details for Benchmark: LV0295
N 40° 49.433 W 124° 05.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HUMBOLDT county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Y 1087 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by CADH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CA DIV OF HIGHWAYS 1969
NEAR EUREKA. LOCATED NORTH OF EUREKA ALONG THE REDWOOD HIGHWAY (U.S. HIGHWAY 101), 3.2 MILES NORTH OF THE HIGHWAY BRIDGE OVER EUREKA SLOUGH, AT MILEPOST 83.13, 49 FEET EASTERLY OF THE WHITE STRIPE FOR THE NORTH BOUND LANES, IN THE TOP OF A CULVERT HEADWALL.
|02/20/1988 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.