Details for Benchmark: LW0302
N 41° 59.817 W 071° 25.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PROVIDENCE county, RI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by RIBPR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
5 MI SE FROM WOONSOCKET. ABOUT 5.0 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 114 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 126 AT WOONSOCKET, AT THE SOUTH CORNER OF A LAWN FOR A LARGE TWO-STORIED RESIDENCE, 33 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION OF TOWER HILL ROAD LEADING SOUTHWEST, 28 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 7 1/2 FEET EAST OF POWER LINE POLE NO. 348, 1 1/2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 5 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND. NOTE-- THE POST IS CHIPPED ON THE NORTH CORNER BUT IS SOLID IN THE GROUND.
|01/01/1985 by LOCSUR (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.