Details for Benchmark: LW0691
N 41° 29.450 W 071° 29.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, RI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by RIBPR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
1.9 MI E FROM KINGSTON. 1.9 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 138 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 108 AT KINGSTON, AT THE INTERSECTION OF THE HIGHWAY AND STONEY POST ROAD LEADING NORTHWEST, BROAD ROCK ROAD LEADING SOUTH, 74 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE JUNCTION OF BROAD ROCK ROAD, 67 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 42 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF STONEY POST ROAD, 39 FEET SOUTHWEST OF POWER LINE POLE 3619, 2 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH SIDE OF A ROCK FENCE, 1.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, 2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (AFA)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.