Details for Benchmark: LW1023
N 41° 29.250 W 071° 33.967 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, RI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by RIBPR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
0.6 MI NW FROM WEST KINGSTON. ABOUT 0.6 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 138 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT WEST KINGSTON, ABOUT 0.5 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 2, 0.4 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE STATE HIGHWAY 138 OVERPASS OVER THE PENN CENTRAL RAILROAD, 94.6 FEET NORTH OF AND ACROSS A DRIVEWAY FROM THE NORTH CORNER OF A ONE-STORY RESIDENCE, 33 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 43 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE NORTHWEST DRIVEWAY LEADING TO RESIDENCE, 27 FEET NORTHWEST OF POWER LINE POLE 2742, 2 FEET NORTHEAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 10 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (AFA)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|10/01/1997 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.