Details for Benchmark: LW1216
N 41° 59.050 W 071° 32.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PROVIDENCE county, RI View Original Datasheet
- A 29
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
2.9 MI SE FROM SLATERSVILLE. ABOUT 2.9 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 146 FROM THE CENTRAL STREET OVERPASS OVER THE HIGHWAY, ABOUT 0.45 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE HIGHWAY OVERPASS OVER POUND HILL ROAD, ABOUT 0.3 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE WOONSOCKET HILL ROAD OVERPASS OVER THE HIGHWAY, AT THE SOUTHEAST END OF A ROCK WHICH IS ABOUT 0.1 MILE LONG AND 25 FEET HIGH, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST EDGE OF A SLOPING ROCK LEDGE WHICH IS PART OF THE CUT, 60 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE SOUTHBOUND LANE OF THE HIGHWAY, 33 FEET WEST OF THE EAST CORNER OF THE ROCK AND 8 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
|07/01/1987 by RIGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY RHODE ISLAND GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
THE BENCH MARK WAS NOT RECOVERED. IT WAS SEARCHED FOR ON TWO DIFFERENT OCCASIONS. THE AREA HAS BEEN OVERGROWN.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (RMS)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|08/25/1990 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (RMS)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.