Details for Benchmark: LW1224
N 41° 59.683 W 071° 30.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PROVIDENCE county, RI View Original Datasheet
- SOCKET RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
AT WOONSOCKET. AT WOONSOCKET, ABOUT 0.8 MILE SOUTH ALONG PARK AVENUE FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 122, THENCE 0.3 MILE EAST ALONG LOGEE STREET, 45.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE STATION MARK DESCRIBED, SET IN THE TOP AND NEAR THE NORTHEAST EDGE OF THE SAME ROCK WHICH THE STATION MARK IS LOCATED IN, 74 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF WELLES STREET, 89 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH FACE OF A LARGE STANDPIPE, ABOUT 5 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF WELLES STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.