Details for Benchmark: LW2551
N 41° 44.563 W 071° 22.761 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KENT county, RI View Original Datasheet
- NO 10 RISFC 1956
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1956 (IRR)
STATION IS ON THE WEST SIDE OF NARRAGANSETT BAY, ON THE BLUFF AT GASPE POINT, ABOUT 1000 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE EXTREMITY OF THE POINT. IT IS 96.4 FT. NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE MOST SOUTHERLY OF THREE SUMMER COTTAGES, 34.0 FT. SOUTHWEST OF THE END OF THE POINT OF THE BLUFF AND 12.0 FT. NORTHWEST OF THE EDGE OF THE BLUFF ON THE SOUTHEAST SIDE. IT IS ABOUT 20 FT. ABOVE MEAN HIGH WATER.
STATION IS MARKED BY A RHODE ISLAND STATE COMMISSION OF SHELL FISHERIES DISK STAMPED 10 SET IN THE TOP OF A 6 INCH SQUARE GRANITE POST WHICH PROJECTS 9 INCHES ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 2 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.