Details for Benchmark: LW3485
N 41° 59.720 W 071° 30.294 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PROVIDENCE county, RI View Original Datasheet
- WOONSOCKET WATER MT CHAR SPIPE
- Marker Type:
- standpipe tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1937 by CTGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY CONNECTICUT GEODETIC SURVEY 1937
A STEEL TANK ABOUT 150 FEET HIGH AND 45 FEET IN DIAMETER IS SITUATED IN THE CITY OF WOONSOCKET AT THE CORNER OF WASHINGTON STREET AND WELLES STREET. IT IS A BLACK PAINTED TANK WITH A SMALL SECTION OF THE TOP PAINTED GOLD. THE POINT OBSERVED ON WAS THE CENTER OF THE TANK AT THE TOP. IT WAS OBSERVED FROM STATIONS HERRING, CHOPMIST, AND BEACONPOLE (V.G.).
|01/01/1968 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1968 (LMC)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS PREVIOUSLY DESCRIBED WITH THE ONLY CHANGE BEING THAT THE TANK IS NOW PAINTED SILVER.
|01/01/1987 by RIGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY RHODE ISLAND GEODETIC SURVEY 1987 (GEC)
THE DESIGNATED MARK WAS RECOVERED AS PREVIOUSLY DESCRIBED.
RECOVERED BY THE RHODE ISLAND GEODETIC SURVEY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.