Details for Benchmark: LW3490
N 41° 59.766 W 071° 33.084 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PROVIDENCE county, RI View Original Datasheet
- BRANCH RIVER WOOL COMBING TK
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1968 (LMC)
THE STATION, BRANCH RIVER WOOL COMBING COMPANY WATER TANK, IS THE TOP CENTER OF THE SILVER CYLINDRICAL TANK WHICH IS SUPPORTED BY 4 STEEL LEGS AND IS ABOUT 90 FEET IN HEIGHT.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM WHERE STATE HIGHWAY 146A CROSSES OVER STATE HIGHWAY 146 (JUST EAST OF SLATERSVILLE) GO EAST ON STATE HIGHWAY 146A FOR 0.65 MILE TO THE ENTRANCE TO THE BRANCH RIVER WOOL COMBING CO. ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH FOR 0.2 MILE TO THE STATION BEHIND LARGE BUILDING.
|01/01/1986 by RIGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY RHODE ISLAND GEODETIC SURVEY 1986 (GEC)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED. LARGE LETTERING ON TANK NOW READS, BRANCH RIVER INDUSTRIAL PARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.