Details for Benchmark: LW5679
N 41° 58.587 W 071° 32.109 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PROVIDENCE county, RI View Original Datasheet
- NS 017
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1987 by RIGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY RHODE ISLAND GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 4.6 KM (2.85 MI) SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF SLATERSVILLE CENTER, ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY. OWNERSHIP--STATE RIGHT OF WAY. TO REACH FROM STATE HIGHWAY 146 AT THE RHODE ISLAND/MASSACHUSETTS STATE LINE, GO SOUTH FOR 6.16 KM (3.85 MI) ON HIGHWAY 146 TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. IT IS 18.3 M (60.0 FT) EAST SOUTHEAST FROM THE EAST END OF A CULVERT WINGWALL, 12.2 M (40.0 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF TWO TRAVEL LANES OF HIGHWAY 146 SOUTHBOUND, 3.8 M (12.5 FT) WEST FROM AN ALUMINUM LIGHT POLE 43-1, 1.55 M (5.1 FT) NORTHEAST FROM A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS RECESSED .05 M (0.2 FT) BELOW THE SURROUNDING GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1995.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.