Details for Benchmark: LW5681
N 41° 58.265 W 071° 30.806 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PROVIDENCE county, RI View Original Datasheet
- NS 018
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1987 by RIGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY RHODE ISLAND GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 6.4 KM (4.00 MI) SOUTHEAST OF SLATERSVILLE CENTER. OWNERSHIP--STATE RIGHT OF WAY. TO REACH FROM THE STATE LINE OF RHODE ISLAND/MASSACHUSETTS, GO SOUTH FOR 8.16 KM (5.05 MI) ON STATE HIGHWAY 146 TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT, IT IS 22.7 M (74.5 FT) SOUTH SOUTHEAST FROM A PROTRUDING ROCK IN THE SHAPE OF A TRIANGLE, 18.65 M (61.2 FT) SOUTH SOUTHWEST FROM THE CENTER OF TWO TRAVEL LANES OF HIGHWAY 146 SOUTHBOUND, 11.43 M (37.5 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM AN ALUMINUM LIGHT POLE, 10.1 M (33.1 FT) NORTHEAST FROM A POWER LINE POLE 265. THE STATION IS 5.5 M (18.0 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1995.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.