Details for Benchmark: LW5802
N 41° 49.821 W 070° 33.773 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PLYMOUTH county, MA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- traverse station disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by MAGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MASSACHUSETTS GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2.0 KM (1.25 MI) NORTHWEST OF CEDARVILLE, ON TOP OF THE NORTHWEST CURVED CONCRETE END POST OF THE STATE ROUTE 3 SOUTH BOUND BRIDGE OVER HEDGES POND ROAD AND IS IN THE TOWN OF PLYMOUTH. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF ROUTE 3 AND CLARK ROAD, INTERCHANGE 3 IN PLYMOUTH, GO SOUTHEAST ON ROUTE 3 FOR ABOUT 5.9 KM (3.65 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS THE DISK SET IN TOP OF THE CONCRETE END POST OF THE BRIDGE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.