Details for Benchmark: LX0442
N 41° 17.033 W 072° 37.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- M 4
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1922 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1965 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
0.4 MI E FROM EAST RIVER. 0.4 MILE EAST ALONG THE NEW YORK, NEW HAVEN AND HARTFORD RAILROAD FROM THE CROSSING OF U.S. HIGHWAY 1 AT EAST RIVER, ABOUT 0.15 MILE EAST OF A RAILROAD OVERPASS OVER MUNGERTOWN ROAD, SET ON THE TOP OF A ROCK LEDGE AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A ROCK CUT, 8.5 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL, 1/2 FOOT NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE LEDGE AND 1 1/2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
|01/01/1974 by CTGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY CONNECTICUT GEODETIC SURVEY 1974
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.