Details for Benchmark: LX0737
N 41° 31.117 W 073° 03.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- WATERBURY 1 RESET
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1957 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
AT WATERBURY. AT WATERBURY, ON BRISTOL STREET AT THE PLATT MILLS, AT A CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER NAUGATUCK RIVER, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTH SIDE OF THE WEST ABUTMENT, 21 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE STREET, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE ROADWAY.
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION, NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS, IN WATERBURY, IN THE SMALL COMMUNITY OF PLATTS MILLS, IN TOP OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE NORTHWEST ABUTMENT OF THE PLATTS MILLS BRIDGE OVER THE NAUGATUCK RIVER, 6.40 METERS (21.0 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD. THE MARK IS 0.3 M ABOVE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.