Details for Benchmark: LX0922
N 41° 18.017 W 073° 03.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
7.2 MI N FROM DEVON. 7.2 MILES NORTH ALONG THE NEW YORK, NEW HAVEN AND HARTFORD RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT DEVON, NEW HAVEN COUNTY, ABOUT 0.1 MILE NORTH OF SIGNAL N 7.1, AT A 4-FOOT CULVERT, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE WEST HEAD WALL, 10 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD HYDROGRAPHIC-STATION DISK, STAMPED CROW 1934.
|1/1/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (JAC)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.