Details for Benchmark: LX0962
N 41° 26.383 W 073° 15.150 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- V 11
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
4 MI SW FROM SOUTHBURY. 4.0 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE NEW YORK, NEW HAVEN AND HARTFORD RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT SOUTHBURY, NEW HAVEN COUNTY, AT 150-FOOT STEEL-TRUSS BRIDGE 80.59, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE WEST ABUTMENT, 3.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL, AND ABOUT 3 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED V 11 1935.
|01/01/1983 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1983
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.