Details for Benchmark: LX1638
N 41° 31.017 W 072° 48.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- V 51
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- mat foundation, concrete slab, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1978 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
1.25 MILE SW FROM MERIDEN. 1.25 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 5, FROM THE COMMEMORATIVE WORLD WAR MONUMENT AT THE JUNCTION OF HIGHWAY 5 AND EAST AND WEST MAIN STREET IN MERIDEN, TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT, SET AT THE SERVICE ENTRANCE OF BRITISH LEYLAND AUSTIN MG SALES AND SERVICE BUILDING, 1 FOOT NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST FACE OF THE BUILDING 5.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE SERVICE ENTRANCE, 37 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF THE ENTRANCE DOORS TO THE SHOW ROOM, 63 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY 5.
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION, THE 1978 DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE WITH THE FOLLOWING CHANGES, BUILDING IS NOW ABANDONED, MARK IS LEVEL WITH HIGHWAY INSTEAD OF 1 FT ABOVE, MARK IS IN CONCRETE PLATFORM LEADING INTO BUILDING INSTEAD OF FOUNDATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.