Details for Benchmark: LX1671
N 41° 52.933 W 072° 37.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HARTFORD county, CT View Original Datasheet
- C 49
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1978 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
2.55 MILE NE FROM WINDSOR. 2.55 MILES NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 159 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN WINDSOR TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, SET IN THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE HEAD WALL OF A LARGE CULVERT RUNNING UNDER HIGHWAY 159, 131 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A FIRE HYDRANT WHICH IS ACROSS THE HIGHWAY 51.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF POWER POLE NUMBER 809 WHICH IS ACROSS THE HIGHWAY, 21 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY 159.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.