Details for Benchmark: LX2379
N 41° 26.417 W 073° 14.850 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- C 2481
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CTDT (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
4.9 KM (3.05 MI) SE FROM SANDY HOOK. 4.9 KM (3.05 MI) SOUTHEAST ALONG INTERSTATE 84 FROM THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE BRIDGE OVER THE POOTATUCK RIVER IN SANDY HOOK TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, AT THE NORTHEAST END OF THE BRIDGE OVER THE HOUSATONIC RIVER, 0.1 KM (0.05 MI) NORTHWEST OF THE FAIRFIELD COUNTY LINE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HOUSATONIC RIVER, 0.73 METER (2.4 FT) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF A CONCRETE FOUNDATION FOR A HAND RAIL ON THE BRIDGE, 0.88 METER (2.9 FT) SOUTH OF THE SOUTHEAST BRIDGE ABUTMENT AND SECURITY FENCE. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.