Details for Benchmark: LX2386
N 41° 27.033 W 073° 14.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- C 1089
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CTDT (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
8.2 KM (5.1 MI) SW FROM SOUTHBURY. 8.2 KM (5.1 MI) SOUTHWEST ALONG INTERSTATE 84 FROM THE BUCKS HILL ROAD OVERPASS IN SOUTHBURY TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, AT THE ICHABUT ROAD OVERPASS, 19.05 METERS (62.5 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ICHABUT ROAD OVERPASS, 11.89 METERS (39.0 FT) EAST OF UTILITY POLE 610 WITH TWO GUY WIRES, 8.08 METERS (26.5 FT) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A CATCH BASIN, 4.24 METERS (13.9 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A 25-CM (10-INCH) TWIN TULIP TREE. THE MARK IS 0.36 METERS SE FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 1.83 M ABOVE INTERSTATE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.