Details for Benchmark: LX2491
N 41° 33.250 W 073° 01.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- 3132 X
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1974 by CTGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
IN WATERBURY. IN WATERBURY, IN THE NORTHEAST ANGLE OF THE JUNCTION OF EAST MAIN AND ORANGE STREETS, 10.06 METERS (33.0 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF EAST MAIN STREET, 6.10 METERS (20.0 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF ORANGE STREET, 2.10 METERS (6.9 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A METAL CATCH BASIN. THE MARK IS 0.1 M ABOVE STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.