Details for Benchmark: LX2735
N 41° 33.017 W 072° 53.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- 3562 X
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1983 by CTGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
1.6 KM (1.0 MI) SOUTH FROM MILLDALE. 1.6 KM (1.0 MI) SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 10 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 66 IN MILLDALE TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, IN FRONT OF THE PAVILLION RESTAURANT, 6.55 METERS (21.5 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 19.66 METERS (64.5 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A BITUMINOUS DRIVE TO THE RESTAURANT, 13.26 METERS (43.5 FT) NORTHWEST AND ACROSS THE HIGHWAY FROM UTILITY POLE 10 WITH THREE TRANSFORMERS, 3.99 METERS (13.1 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF A 3/8 INCH DRILL HOLE IN THE NORTH RIM OF A SEWER MANHOLE COVER, 1.77 METERS (5.8 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE HIGHWAY CURB. THE MARK IS 0.18 M ABOVE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.