Details for Benchmark: LX2737
N 41° 33.683 W 072° 53.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by CTGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
0.4 KM (0.25 MI) SOUTH FROM MILLDALE. 0.4 KM (0.25 MI) SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 10 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 66 IN MILLDALE TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, 183 METERS (600 FT) SOUTH OF THE CHESHIRE - SOUTHINGTON TOWN LINE, 6.58 METERS (21.6 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 45.17 METERS (148.2 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A 1-1/2 STORY FRAME HOUSE. THE MARK IS 0.24 METERS SE FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 0.06 M ABOVE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.