Details for Benchmark: LX2743
N 41° 35.800 W 072° 52.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HARTFORD county, CT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CTGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
IN SOUTHINGTON. IN SOUTHINGTON, AT THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 10 AND 120, IN FRONT OF THE SOUTHINGTON HISTORICAL SOCIETY, 9.14 METERS (30.0 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY 10, 21.34 METERS (70.0 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY 120, 5.94 METERS (19.5 FT) NORTHEAST OF A FIRE HYDRANT, 2.93 METERS (9.6 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF A CONCRETE WALKWAY TO THE HISTORICAL SOCIETY, 0.30 METER (1.0 FT) EAST OF A SIDEWALK CURB. THE MARK IS 0.18 M ABOVE HIGHWAY 10.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.