Details for Benchmark: LX2753
N 41° 40.283 W 072° 52.533 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HARTFORD county, CT View Original Datasheet
- A 1 3 T OF PLAINVILLE
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by LOCENG (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
0.2 KM (0.1 MI) NORTH FROM PLAINVILLE. 0.2 KM (0.1 MI) NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 177 FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 72 IN PLAINVILLE TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT, NEAR AN ENTRANCE TO WORKSHOP OF A THREE STORY BRICK FACTORY - CHALLENGER CIRCLE F INC., 5.21 METERS (17.1 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 20.60 METERS (67.6 FT) NORTH-NORTHWEST AND ACROSS THE HIGHWAY FROM 46774 WITH TRANSFORMER AND TWO GUY WIRES, 2.29 METERS (7.5 FT) EAST OF THE EAST FACE OF A CONCRETE BLOCK ADDITION TO FACTORY. THE MARK IS A TOWN OF PLAINVILLE DISK. THE MARK IS 0.06 M BELOW HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.