Details for Benchmark: LX2833
N 41° 22.267 W 072° 38.333 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1935 by CTGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
1.3 KM (0.8 MI) NORTH FROM NORTH MADISON. 1.3 KM (0.8 MI) NORTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 79 FROM THE JUNCITON OF STATE HIGHWAY 80 IN NORTH MADISON TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT, 8.23 METERS (27.0 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 21.95 METERS (72.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF THE DRIVEWAY LEADING TO HOUSE NUMBER 1467, 6.71 METERS (22.0 FT) SOUTH OF A 45 MPH SIGN. THE MARK IS 0.3 M ABOVE HIGHWAY.
|7/28/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.