Details for Benchmark: LX2872
N 41° 24.733 W 072° 45.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- 86 W
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1923 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
3.8 KM (2.35 MI) NE FROM NORTHFORD. 3.8 KM (2.35 MI) NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 17 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 22 IN NORTHFORD TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT, IN TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE NORTHEAST ABUTMENT OF A SMALL BRIDGE OVER A SMALL STREAM, 5.03 METERS (16.5 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 0.30 METER (1.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE ABUTMENT. THE MARK IS 0.2 M BELOW HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.