Details for Benchmark: LX3093
N 41° 38.283 W 072° 27.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HARTFORD county, CT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1940 by CTGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
1.3 KM (0.8 MI) EAST FROM MARLBOROUGH. 1.3 KM (0.8 MI) EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 66 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN MARLBOROUGH TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT, AT A DRIVEWAY BETWEEN TWO HOUSES, AT THE CENTER DRIVEWAY OF THREE AND AT THE NORTH EDGE OF THE BLACKTOP, 8.2 METERS (27.1 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 13.5 METERS (44.4 FT) WEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A ROCK WALL, 9.7 METERS (32.0 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE WEST DRIVEWAY, 6.4 METERS (21.0 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE EAST DRIVEWAY, 2.3 METERS (7.6 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTH EDGE OF THE HIGHWAY. THE MARK IS 0.18 M BELOW HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.