Details for Benchmark: LX3276
N 41° 38.967 W 072° 28.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HARTFORD county, CT View Original Datasheet
- B 2170
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CTDT (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
2.4 KM (1.5 MI) NW FROM MARLBOROUGH. 2.4 KM (1.5 MI) NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 2 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 66 IN MARLBOROUGH TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, 7.68 METERS (25.2 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTHBOUND LANES OF THE HIGHWAY, 30.02 METERS (98.5 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTH END OF A GUARDRAIL, 10.05 METERS (33.0 FT) SOUTH OF A 4-INCH OAK TREE. THE MARK IS 0.12 M BELOW HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.