Details for Benchmark: LX6205
N 41° 16.324 W 072° 37.069 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- GARVANS CHIMNEY
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934 (GCM)
THIS HOUSE IS THE PROPERTY OF JOHN S. GARVAN LOCATED ON HIS LONG SHORE ESTATE. THE HOUSE IS QUITE EXTENSIVE WITH WHITE SHINGLED SIDES. OTHER DISTINCTIVE FEATURES ARE THE TWO-STORY PORCH ACROSS THE ENTIRE SEA-WARD SIDE AND THE RED SHINGLED ROOF. THE MAIN AXIS OF THE HOUSE EXTENDS NEARLY E AND W.
TWO RED CHIMNEYS EXTEND ABOVE THE ROOF OF THE MAIN HOUSE. THE MORE EASTERLY OF THESE CHIMNEYS, AT THE E GABLE AND ONE METER S OF THE RIDGEPOLE, IS THE STATION.
CENTER IS THE CENTER LINE OF THE CHIMNEY.
|01/01/1961 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961 (GFW)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED BY G.C.M. IN 1934.
|01/01/1974 by CTGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY CONNECTICUT GEODETIC SURVEY 1974 (BGW)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.