Details for Benchmark: LX6375
N 41° 14.539 W 072° 53.668 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (GCM)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ON MORGAN POINT THE FIRST POINT E OF THE ENTRANCE TO THE NEW HAVEN HARBOR. IT IS ON BARE LEDGE 19.15 METERS S 67 DEG W (MAGNETIC) FROM SW CORNER OF TWO-STORY DWELLING, PROPERTY OF MISS S.M. HAUPT, 5.5 METERS N 55 DEG E (MAGNETIC) FROM ABRUPT EDGE OF LEDGE, AND 1.62 METERS SE (MAGNETIC) OF STONE BOUNDARY WALL TOPPED WITH SPIKED IRON FENCE. REFERENCE MARK NO.2 IS LOCATED ON THE SAME LEDGE SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN STATION AND BEARS S 50 DEG E (MAGNETIC). REFERENCE MARK NO.1 BEARS N 30 DEG E (MAGNETIC) FROM STATION, 5.5 METERS SE OF EASTERLY WALL OF ONE-STORY STUCCO HOUSE.
STATION AND REFERENCE MARKS ARE STANDARD BRONZE DISKS IN OUTCROPPING BEDROCK AS DESCRIBED IN NOTES 2 AND 12A.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 4.9 METERS.
|01/01/1962 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962 (JPP)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED AND ALL MARKS WERE FOUND TO BE IN GOOD CONDITION, HOWEVER AN ERROR BETWEEN MARKS WAS NOTED AND IS SHOWN BELOW.
IT APPEARS THAT WHEN THE REFERENCE MARKS WERE CUT IN, THE REFERENCE MARK NUMBERS WERE REVERSED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.