Details for Benchmark: LX6376
N 41° 14.542 W 072° 52.846 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- SOUTH END
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (GCM)
THIS STATION IS ON THE MORE EASTERLY OF TWO LEDGES MARKING THE EXTREMITY OF SOUTH END POINT, KNOWN LOCALLY AS CAROLINE POINT, CAROLINE CREEK ENTERS SOUND BETWEEN THESE TWO LEDGES. BOTH LEDGES ARE CUT-OFF FROM MAINLAND AT HIGH WATER. STATION IS 11.0 METERS EASTERLY OF EDGE OF LEDGE MARKING E BANK OF CREEK, 22.0 METERS NORTHERLY OF EDGE TO SOUND.
STATION AND REFERENCE MARK NO.2 ARE STANDARD BRONZE DISKS IN OUTCROPPING BEDROCK AS DESCRIBED IN NOTES 2 AND 12A. REFERENCE MARK NO.1 IS A STANDARD BRONZE DISK SET IN CONCRETE AS DESCRIBED IN NOTE 11A.
REFERENCE MARK NO.1 IS IN SEAWALL IN FRONT OF THIRD COTTAGE E OF CAROLINE CREEK AND BEARS N 20 DEG E (MAGNETIC). REFERENCE MARK NO.2 IS IN THE SAME LEDGE AS STATION, SLIGHTLY LOWER AND BEARS S 30 DEG E (MAGNETIC).
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 4.9 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.