Details for Benchmark: LX6414
N 41° 15.402 W 072° 50.698 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (GCM)
THIS STATION IS LOCATED ON A POINT LOCALLY KNOWN AS STANLEY POINT, WHICH CONSTITUTES THE W SIDE OF THE MOUTH OF PAGES COVE, APPROXIMATELY 1/3 MILE NE OF HORTON POINT.
STATION AND REFERENCE MARKS ARE STANDARD BRONZE DISKS WEDGED IN A DRILL HOLE IN OUTCROPPING BEDROCK AS DESCRIBED IN NOTES 2 AND 12A.
IT IS NOT ON HIGHEST PART OF LEDGE THAT MARKS THE SHORE AT THIS POINT. IT IS APPROXIMATELY 24.6 METERS DISTANT AND BEARS SW (MAGNETIC) FROM THE HIGH POINT. STATION IS 4 METERS S OF A RUSTIC SEAT BUILT OF CEDAR AROUND TWO CEDAR STUMPS.
REFERENCE MARK NO.1 BEARS N 5 DEG E (MAGNETIC).
REFERENCE MARK NO.2 BEARS NE (MAGNETIC).
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 2.4 METERS.
|01/01/1961 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1961 (GFW)
STATION AND R.M.S. RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE STATION IS STAMPED, STANLEY 1933 AND THE R.M.S. ARE STAMPED, STANLEY NO 1 1933 AND STANLEY NO 2 1933. THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION BY G.C.M. IN 1933 IS COMPLETE AND ADEQUATE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.