Details for Benchmark: LX6490
N 41° 15.119 W 072° 57.387 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (GCM)
THIS STATION IS LOCATED ON BRADLY POINT, THE FIRST POINT TO WESTWARD OF SAVIN ROCK AMUSEMENT PARK. THIS POINT IS JUST E OF THE MOUTH OF THE SAVIN RIVER AND IS THE SITE OF THE BARNACLE, A SHORE RESTAURANT. STATION IS ON TOP OF THE LEDGE THAT MARKS THE SHORELINE, IS 9.5 METERS N OF EDGE OF LEDGE, 20.9 METERS S OF BARNACLE GUEST COTTAGE, 29.3 METERS E OF FLAGPOLE WITH WEATHER VANE. STATION AND REFERENCE MARKS ARE STANDARD BRONZE DISKS IN OUTCROPPING BEDROCK AS DESCRIBED IN NOTES 2 AND 12A. REFERENCE MARK NO.1 BEARS S 74 DEG W (MAGNETIC) AND IS IN LEDGE ACROSS SMALL INLET FROM STATION.
REFERENCE MARK NO.2 BEARS N 20 DEG W (MAGNETIC) AND IS IN OUTCROPPING LEDGE.
THE BARNACLE IS THE PROPERTY OF MRS. FRANK DASHIELD.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 4.9 METERS.
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (MK)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.