Details for Benchmark: LX6507
N 41° 16.228 W 072° 54.332 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- HARBOR LINE MARK 1
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (GCM)
THIS IS A HARBOR LINE MARK OF THE ARMY ENGINEERS. IT IS ON THE SANDSTONE ABUTMENT OF TIDE GATES AT SW EXTREMITY OF FORT HALE PARK. IT IS ON THE N ABUTMENT WALL NEAR CHANNEL THROUGH LEDGE FROM HARBOR TO MOAT OF OLD FORT HALE. STATION IS 0.615 METER FROM S FACE OF ABUTMENT AND 1.0 METER FROM W FACE OF ABUTMENT.
CENTER IS 1/2 INCH BRASS PLUG CEMENTED IN CORNERSTONE AND AT CENTER OF CROSS CUT IN THIS STONE. STATION DETERMINED BY TRAVERSE FROM STATION HALE AND AS AN INDEPENDENT STATION.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 3.0 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.