Details for Benchmark: LX6514
N 41° 15.617 W 072° 56.128 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934 (GCM)
THIS STATION IS LOCATED IN THE SEA WALL, S OF BEACH STREET IN THE EASTERN PART OF THE SAVIN ROCK DISTRICT. IT IS 5.2 METERS S OF THE S CURB OF BEACH STREET AND ON LINE WITH THE S FACE OF THE EASTERLY PART OF THE SEA WALL.
A STANDARD HYDROGRAPHIC MARK WAS SET IN THE SEA WALL AT THIS POINT. OTHER MEASUREMENTS ARE SHOWN IN THE SKETCH.
STATION WAS DETERMINED BY A 3-POINT FIX WITH CHECK.
|01/01/1954 by USGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1954
STATION BELIEVED DESTROYED, SEA WALL DAMAGED AT THIS POINT.
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (MK)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.