Details for Benchmark: LX7027
N 41° 43.718 W 072° 39.951 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HARTFORD county, CT View Original Datasheet
- BOUNDARY STONE N F
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1891 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1891 (WCH)
A NEW STONE MARKED N F 1636 PUT IN PLACE OF AN ANCIENT LANDMARK ON THE LINE BETWEEN HARTFORD AND WETHERSFIELD.
|01/01/1930 by LOCENG (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1930 (POR)
THIS STONE WAS FOUND. IN GOOD CONDITION. IT IS NOW ON THE LINE OF THE CITY OF HARTFORD AND THE TOWN OF WETHERSFIELD.
|01/01/1948 by CGS (SEE DESCRIPTION)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948 (RJS)
NO DESCRIPTION WAS FURNISHED FOR THE RECOVERY OF THIS STATION. THE ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT OF HARTFORD DECLARES THAT THE STONE IS THE SAME AS ALWAYS. UNLESS THERE IS A GOOD DESCRIPTION OF THIS STATION, THIS WILL BE THE ONLY CHECK, UNLESS IT IS REDETERMINED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.