Details for Benchmark: LX7133
N 41° 42.047 W 072° 49.923 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HARTFORD county, CT View Original Datasheet
- FARMINGTON TV STA WVIT MAST
- Marker Type:
- radio/tv mast
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980 (VDN)
THE STATION, FARMINGTON TELEVISION STATION CHANNEL 30 MAST, IS A LIGHT ATOP, NOT CENTER, OF THE TRIANGULAR SHAPED GUYED MAST, PAINTED RED AND AN OVERALL HEIGHT OF 563 METERS (1849 FEET).
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 8 KM (5 MI) SOUTHWEST OF UNIONVILLE, 3.2 KM (2.0 MI) SOUTH OF STATE HIGHWAY 4, 1.6 KM (1 MI) EAST OF THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 10 AND U.S. HIGHWAY 6, AND ON FARMINGTON MOUNTAIN RIDGE. OWNERSHIP--VIACOM BROADCASTING CO, WVIT CHANNEL 30, 1422 N B AVENUE, WEST HARTFORD, CT 06107, PHONE 203-521-3030.
DESCRIBED BY J.N. LEONHARDT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.