Details for Benchmark: LX7177
N 41° 31.981 W 072° 47.597 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NEW HAVEN county, CT View Original Datasheet
- MERIDEN FIRST BAP CH SPIRE
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1981 by NGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981 (VDN)
THE STATION, IS THE BASE OF THE WEATHER VANE OF THE WHITE, THIN TAPERED, MERIDEN FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH SPIRE, WHICH IS ABOUT 45.7 METERS (150 FT) HIGH.
THE STATION IS LOCATED 0.4 KM (0.25 MI) SOUTHEAST OF CITY HALL, ABOUT 100 METERS (328 FT) SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF BROAD AND EAST MAIN STREETS, ON THE WEST SIDE OF BROAD STREET. OWNERSHIP--MERIDEN FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH, MERIDEN CT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.