Details for Benchmark: LY0177
N 41° 40.617 W 074° 12.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ULSTER county, NY View Original Datasheet
- B 256
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
8.4 MI SW FROM NEW PALTZ. THIS MARK IS ALONG A TAR ROAD ABOUT 8.45 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE WALLKILL RIVER BRIDGE AT NEW PALTZ, ULSTER COUNTY, 65.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF AN ABANDONED SHINGLE COVERED HOUSE, AT THE WEST CORNER OF A CULTIVATED FIELD, 22 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WIRE FENCE, 1 1/2 FEET NORTHWEST OF A STANDARD REFERENCE POST, AND IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 4 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.