Details for Benchmark: LY0214
N 41° 37.067 W 074° 18.967 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ULSTER county, NY View Original Datasheet
- A 254
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
1.1 MI W FROM PINE BUSH. THIS MARK IS IN ULSTER COUNTY, ALONG HIGHWAY 52 ABOUT 1.1 MILE WEST OF THE RAILROAD STATION AT PINE BUSH, ORANGE COUNTY, AT NEW PROSPECT CHURCH, SET IN THE WEST END OF THE SOUTH FACE OF THE STONE FOUNDATION, ABOUT 3.5 FEET HIGHER THAN THE GROUND AND IS A STANDARD DISK SET VERTICALLY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.